Keeping with the simple and easy theme. Here is a recipe for vegan pancakes. I omitted the oil to make it fat-free, I did not notice the oil missing. If you really want the oil in just add one tablespoon to the wet ingredients.
1/2 Cup of whole white flour or regular white flour.
1/2 Cup of buckwheat flour (if you don’t have buckwheat don’t worry just substitute with white flour)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 Cup soy or almond milk. (I used unsweetened almond milk)
Optional: Add 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Mix dry ingredients in a medium size bowl. Once dry ingredients are mixed add in the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Heat frying pan on medium heat. If you have a good Teflon pan no oil is needed but if your pan makes food stick just spray a little oil to keep pancakes from sticking.
- Pour some pancake batter into the pan to form a small circle the size that you want. Leave enough room to flip.
- Watch for bubbles to appear on top of batter. Sometimes if the batter is too thick they will not bubble much. Just keep an eye out for the edges to solidify a bit. If you can get a spatula under just take a peak. Once light brown just flip over. You know the pancakes are done when they are brown or light brown and the are firm when you press down on the top.
- Serve with your favorite fruit. I like maple syrup and blueberries.
If your batter is too stiff just add more milk and if it’s too runny add more flour. This recipe should make the batter on the stiff side.
I hope you enjoy.
Thanks for reading!